Barco shares latest advances in multimodality diagnostic imaging aimed at conquering healthcare IT challenges at RSNA
Atlanta, Ga. – 13 November 2017
Barco, a global leader in healthcare imaging, has created diagnostic display systems that feature advanced technologies and intuitive workflow tools to help boost diagnostic accuracy and workflow efficiency. Equally important, is the need to ensure compliance across the expanding healthcare enterprise. Barco will host presentations at this year's RSNA that address all of these pressing challenges and demonstrate how its advanced technologies help hospitals, radiologists, and IT managers improve performance and cost containment in this rapidly evolving era in healthcare. RSNA will be held November 26 - December 1 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
“Radiology workload is growing and Healthcare IT organizations need to find ways to provide efficient patient care,” comments Lynda Domogalla, Vice President Product Marketing for Barco Healthcare. “We understand the dynamics of this challenging environment and are responding with insights and solutions aimed at helping our customers streamline workflow and comply with regulations while maximizing the ROI of their medical displays.”
- Barco display systems, including the Coronis Uniti®, unify workflow and help increase productivity, workflow efficiency and working comfort.
- All Barco diagnostic displays are equipped with the MediCal QAWeb online QA service to help hospitals reduce operating costs and ensure compliance.
Expand your knowledge with Barco at RSNA
Barco “Booth Talks” offer insights and solutions to today’s healthcare IT challenges
Barco is hosting a series of booth talks designed to arm organizations with real-world solutions to their most pressing radiology IT challenges. Sessions include:
1. Assuring Compliance of your Healthcare Enterprise -- With the proliferation of reading environments and changing regulatory requirements, it can be difficult to ensure compliance across all locations. Barco will show you how to improve quality assurance/quality control via an automated, online management of all display assets.
2. Important Considerations for Multimodality Breast Imaging -- Learn how to transform breast imaging workflow to improve efficiency and working comfort while reading the multitude of imaging modalities, from 2D and 3D mammography to MR and US. See how bringing all exams onto a single screen improves comparison in accordance with new ACR-AAPM-SIIM Practice Parameter Determinants of Image Quality in Digital Mammography.
3. Optimizing Lifecycle Management of Your Diagnostic Displays -- Maximize ROI and ensure perpetual compliance by understanding the critical lifecycle factors affecting your display investment. See how an online, QA/QC service can automatically track and manage display compliance, conduct data analytics, support decisions, and improve lifecycle planning of assets.
Visit the Image Perception Lab sponsored by Barco
Barco is providing displays for the Image Perception Lab, funded by NIH National Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s, and Harvard Medical School. Barco will also conduct an experiment on “The effect of color rendering alternatives on detectability of clinically relevant features in PET-CT.” Location: Lakeside Learning Center, IN304.
Attend presentation on Dental Radiology Display Considerations, featuring Barco’s own Dr. Tom Kimpe
Dr. Tom Kimpe, Vice President of Technology and Innovation for Barco Healthcare, will co-present a paper “How Important is the Quality of the Medical Display in Dental Radiology?” on Monday, November 27 at 10:30 am in Room S503AB.
Learn about the latest screening parameters for dense breast imaging
Barco’s Coronis Uniti displays will be featured in Hologic’s Breast Health Educational Hands-on Workshops in the South Hall, Booth 5621.
Multimodality solutions enable bright outcomes centered on patient care
Barco will present its growing portfolio of mammography and general radiology displays designed to reveal the subtlest details and improve precise detection at the earliest stages of disease. Barco solutions enable radiologists to see and know more to make better clinical decisions and enhance patient outcomes.
Barco’s fully optimized display systems enhance reading speed and accuracy, with many featuring intuitive workflow tools and all supported by Barco’s automated QA and compliance solution, MediCal QAWeb.
The Coronis Uniti® is the only multi-modality breast imaging display that also allows viewing of PACS images. Radiologists can view perfect grayscale and precisely calibrated color, and clearly see the subtlest details to improve clinical decision-making. Complete studies can be conducted without multiple monitor set-ups, boosting workflow efficiency and reducing visual fatigue.
The Coronis Fusion 6MP is the industry’s proven radiology workhorse for multi-modality imaging. The brightest 6MP available, it delivers superior image quality while increasing productivity.
Solutions to optimize home reading
The Nio Color 3MP brings hospital-quality imaging to radiologists’ home office desktops. It offers the best image quality of any 3MP color solution on the market, helping clinicians discern even the tiniest details, thanks to high brightness (500 cd/m2) and contrast ratio.
Visit Barco at RSNA – South Hall A, Booth #1311
Show attendees can register for a personalized demo to see how they can achieve visibly better outcomes with Barco diagnostic display solutions.
Barco designs technology to enable bright outcomes around the world. Seeing beyond the image, we develop sight, sound, and sharing solutions to help you work together, share insights, and wow audiences. Our focus is on three core markets: Enterprise (from meeting and control rooms to corporate spaces), Healthcare (from the radiology department to the operating room), and Entertainment (from movie theaters to live events and attractions). In 2016, we realized sales of 1.102 billion euro. We have a team of 3,500 employees, located in 90 countries, whose passion for technology is captured in 400 granted patents.
For more information, visit us on www.barco.com, follow us on Twitter (@Barco), LinkedIn (Barco), YouTube (BarcoTV), or like us on Facebook (Barco).
© Copyright 2017
For more information, please contact
Press & PR contact Cinema
+32 56 36 81 66
Press & PR contact APAC & GRC
+886 2 8771 0228